These fat Plant based burgers, loaded with fiber are delicious & easy to make. I made it with 2 cups of the pulp from carrot juice, which is a great way to use the pulp from juicing to keep the fiber in your diet. (You could also use kale, beet or other veggie juice leftover pulp!)
- 2 cups of carrot juice pulp
- Handful of mushrooms
- 1/2 onion (white or yellow)
- 1 can black beans (I used 15.5oz)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- Pinch of paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
How to make:
- Dice mushrooms & onion
- Saute in olive oil for 5 minutes till caramelized
- Add beans, carrot pulp, salt & cumin
- Continue to cook another 5 minutes
- Put cashews in food processor & pulse till finely chopped
- Add “burger” mixture into food processor with nuts & mix till combined
- Form into patties (Makes about 6)
- Drizzle few Tbsp olive oil in cast iron skillet and turn on to medium heat. Wait few minutes till heated.
- Place patties in skillet & sprinkle with salt.
- Cook on medium heat for a few minutes each side till crispy.
- You can melt vegan cheese on it too if you want to make it more delicious!